Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 2012 River of Stones

This January’s trip down the river has been most amazing. I enjoyed last January’s river journey, in spite of the portages, flooding, rapids and boulders. July’s river? I immediately ran aground. Deep aground. And stayed there.
But the January 2012 river has carried me along, almost effortlessly, from New Year’s day to today. I can’t explain the difference. With the exception of two or three crazy days (when I confess I resorted to pulling out some stones I'd been carrying around in my pocket), the daily small stones faithfully, unfailingly, mercifully presented themselves. Once or twice, multiple stones in one day. I sometimes notice things I ultimately find simply too complex for my limited ability to wrap into words. But that’s good, too.

I don’t pretend to know how these things work. Perhaps having enjoyed the ride once before, and then simply setting the intention and relaxing and trusting the process, may be a helpful combination. Who knows? Regardless, it’s been a fabulous trip.

Thank you, Fiona and Kaspa, for this great adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your ‘stones’, it has been a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it has been fun and I have enjoyed your stones. Glad to hear you intend to write more stones - me too and I shall carry on looking in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby and J Cosmo - It's been fun making this journey with you; you're great travel mates! I look forward to continue meeting up with you along the way.

    ReplyDelete